We want to help you select local plants that thrive in our natural habitat but are also both beautiful and economical. This will result in plants that are easier to care for and better support our local ecosystem. Our Grow Native initiative is here to help show you the way!
News and Blog Items
Here are some recent and interesting items. Click the link for the full article.
- National Orchid Conference2024 NOC SYMPOSIUM TO MEET IN WEST/CENTRAL LOUISIANA & EAST TEXAS We are delighted to report that symposium planning is progressing nicely. Excitement is building as we prepare for our visit to what is, for the NOC,… Read more: National Orchid Conference
- 6 AGAVES DOMESTICATED BY SOUTHWESTERN INDIGENOUS PEOPLEDBG Garden researchers Wendy Hodgson, Andrew Salywon and volunteer Jane Rosenthal describe six rare domesticated agave species whose clones remarkably can still be found living in ancient agricultural fields in Arizona that have not been tended for hundreds of years.
- Browse the Index of “Plant Press Arizona”All current and back issues of “Plant Press Arizona” have been professionally indexed. A google-like search function is also available on our “Plant Press Arizona” page.
- Bisbee Earns National Wildlife Federation RecognitionSee what a group of Volunteers can accomplish.
- Plant Press Arizona, Summer 2023Plan a Road Trip! Read all about the many Botanical Gardens and Arboreta of Arizona in our online version of Plant Press Arizona. If you love nature, then Arizona is a great place to live.… Read more: Plant Press Arizona, Summer 2023
- This amazing book is free to download as a PDF“Recognizing Plant Families of the West”. The goal of this 216 page field guide is to enable readers to identify 54 flowering plant families. The focus is on illustrating the field recognition characters with photographs.
- National Native Seed ConferenceWe’re excited to announce the next iteration of the National Native Seed Conference: a Virtual Conference on February 7 & 8, 2024. This conference will focus on Native Seed Production and Seed-Based Restoration with an… Read more: National Native Seed Conference
- FILM RELEASE – Native Seeds: Supplying RestorationThe International Network for Seed-based Restoration (INSR) is thrilled to announce the upcoming release of “Native Seeds: Supplying Restoration,” a nine-part video series about the native seed supply chain in the Western United States. Episodes will… Read more: FILM RELEASE – Native Seeds: Supplying Restoration
- Wild Ride on a Roller Coaster, Spring 2023, Part 3What an incredible spring this has been and my story continues to the east to the Rincon Mountain foothills, March, April, and May and south to Santa Cruz County, May. Throughout February and March, the… Read more: Wild Ride on a Roller Coaster, Spring 2023, Part 3
- Tucson saguaros in a “super bloom” thanks to winter rainJohn Scheuring, Conservation Committee Chairman for the Arizona Native Plant Society, appeared on TV-KOLD to talk about this. He said it’s been years since Tucson has seen this many saguaro blooms.“This year we had wonderful winter rains… “