We want to help you select local plants that thrive in our natural habitat but are also both beautiful and economical. This will result in plants that are easier to care for and better support our local ecosystem. Our Grow Native initiative is here to help show you the way!
News and Blog Items
Here are some recent and interesting items. Click the link for the full article.
- Arizona Insect Festival at the University of ArizonaInsect Fest 2023! You’re invited to the 11th annual Insect Fest. Sunday October 1, 2023 – 10am to 3pm, ENR2 building on UA campus, 1064 E Lowell St, Tucson, AZ This year’s theme at the Arizona … Read more
- Bisbee Earns National Wildlife Federation RecognitionSee what a group of Volunteers can accomplish.
- Saguaro Art Exhibit at Herberger TheaterThe Herberger Theater in Phoenix is featuring a free exhibit showcasing artist interpretations of the Saguaro from August 9 – October 1, 2023.
- Plant Press Arizona, Summer 2023Plan a Road Trip! Read all about the many Botanical Gardens and Arboreta of Arizona in our online version of Plant Press Arizona. If you love nature, then Arizona is a great place to live. … Read more
- This amazing book is free to download as a PDF“Recognizing Plant Families of the West”. The goal of this 216 page field guide is to enable readers to identify 54 flowering plant families. The focus is on illustrating the field recognition characters with photographs.
- Late Summer in the Chiricahua Mountains, September 16, 17, and 18, 2023Southwestern Research Station, Portal, Cochise County. The Cochise and Tucson Chapters of the Arizona Native Plant Society are again sponsoring a long weekend in the Chiricahua Mountains of southeastern Cochise County.These richly diverse mountains are … Read more
- National Native Seed ConferenceWe’re excited to announce the next iteration of the National Native Seed Conference: a Virtual Conference on February 7 & 8, 2024. This conference will focus on Native Seed Production and Seed-Based Restoration with an … Read more
- FILM RELEASE – Native Seeds: Supplying RestorationThe International Network for Seed-based Restoration (INSR) is thrilled to announce the upcoming release of “Native Seeds: Supplying Restoration,” a nine-part video series about the native seed supply chain in the Western United States. Episodes will … Read more
- Native Plant Art Show at UA through August 3Native Plant Art Show This summer the UA Special collections Gallery is running a show titled: “Inspired by Plants: the Art and Science of the UA Campus Floregium” This show features illustrations of the plants … Read more
- Wild Ride on a Roller Coaster, Spring 2023, Part 3What an incredible spring this has been and my story continues to the east to the Rincon Mountain foothills, March, April, and May and south to Santa Cruz County, May. Throughout February and March, the … Read more