We want to help you select local plants that thrive in our natural habitat but are also both beautiful and economical. This will result in plants that are easier to care for and better support our local ecosystem. Our Grow Native initiative is here to help show you the way!
News and Blog Items
Here are some recent and interesting items. Click the link for the full article.
- Arizona’s Desert Tortoise Adoption ProgramDid you know that Arizona has a Desert Tortoise Adoption Program? Watch the recording from the Phoenix Chapter’s May meeting to learn all about it!
- New Directions in Native Landscape, Summer Education SeriesAn accomplished group of presenters will include Darrel Morrison, Piet Oudolf, Veronica Tyson Strait, Gerould Wilhelm, Angela Kyle, and Larry Weaner. Some will present virtually on the artistic, social, andecological considerations that can inform landscape […]
- Native Orchid Photo ContestMost folks who enjoy observing wildflowers, native orchids in particular, are also inclined to photograph what they find in meadows, parks and forests. Then what? Show a few friends, solicit identification help, maybe even change […]
- A Tucson area HOA president sent photos of ailing prickly pears in the development:Can you identify what is the problem with these Prickly Pear, and if there is any treatment, or what should we do? It is quite widespread in our community. I am hoping you can help […]
- The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is seeking motivated, creative, and passionate Horticulturists to join their talented team in the Botany Department!
- White Mtn Chapter hosts Native Plant Identification WalkParking is limited. Carpooling is encouraged.
- Native Plants for Backyard BirdsThe Phoenix Chapter’s Vice President was interviewed for a recent issue of Desert Rivers Audubon Magazine. See the article for planting tips and recommended plants.
- Estelle Stern-Eilers is a Ben’s Bells BelleeEstelle Stern-Eilers has been the catalyst for improving and beautifying the Rillito Bend neighborhood in Tucson.
- April 2022 was National Native Plant MonthSenator Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Senator Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) are co-sponsors of a bipartisan Senate Resolution to designate April 2022 as National Native Plant Month. On March 22, 2022, the resolution was introduced before the […]
- Spring Wildflowers in Kings Canyon near TucsonJillian Cowles shared her photos from a walk on March 3, 2022. “After a long, cold, windy, and dry winter, the urge to bask in the sun and see some spring wildflowers becomes irresistible. Luckily, […]