AZNPS Conservation and Restoration Ongoing Projects
The mission of the Arizona Native Plant Society is to promote knowledge, appreciation, conservation, and restoration of Arizona native plants and their habitats.
AZNPS volunteers have undertaken several long-term projects to find successful approaches to restoring native plant habitats that have been infested by invasive species and/or disturbed by machinery.
Native plant restoration to a Palo Verde-Saguaro landscape
Native plant restoration of buffelgrass-infested desert peaks
- RaggedTop on Ironwood Forest National Monument
- Waterman Peak on IFNM
- A-Mountain –City of Tucson Sentinel Peak Park
Native Plant Restoration of invasive infested riparian canyons/washes
- RaggedTop Diversity Wash on IFNM
- King Canyon in Saguaro National Park West
- Five Catalina Mountain Canyons
Weed-free Roads and Trails
- Roadside native plant recovery along key roadsides
- Replacing invasive plants along hiking trails with native plants